In the hilly country in the heart of Europe, two regions and three countries come together: Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg. Despite the political frontiers the regions melt together to form a single natural entity. Cross-border nature reserves, common languages and the innate industriousness of the local inhabitants have helped mould the population into a friendly community.
A natural balance between an intact nature, economic progress and a healthy quality of life make this rural region and its inhabitants great hosts. Healthy air, excellent leisure opportunities and interesting sights further help make the region a great place to be.
- Ravel: Cycling along abandoned railway tracks
- St.Vith: Where the EIfel and Ardennes meet
- GoEast.be: More information on East Belgium
- The 9th-century St. Bartholomäus Chapel in Wiesenbach
- Spring: Meadows full of daffodils in the valley of the Olef
- Summer: The lake at Bütgenbach
- Autumn: Impressive colours
- Winter: The D-B motorway bridge in Steinebrück
- Karneval: The "5th season"
- The Eifel-Ardennes with its nature parks
- Eating out: a host of good restaurants
- Triangel: Top events just round the corner